RB Controller User Guide
Setting up of RB controller. The following step by step user guide will go through the setting for the RB controller to filming Timelapse. Setting for sync of the image to server FTP, saving image on USB and setting for private network without internet access.
After installation of the CubeBox time-lapse camera at the location to filming the time-lapse, power up the Time-lapse camera by switch on the switch inside the casing. The switch LED light will turn on. Power up the mobile device if your system comes with a hotspot device type.
Mobile data device that comes with the Cubebox may be different model and type for use in a different country, some country may come with USB Mobile dongle and some will come with mobile hotspot device.
Connect to the RB controller with your Mobile phone or Tablet using WiFi search.
Locate and Connect to "RB-CUBE-SETUP" (SSID)
Upon connecting to the RB Setting WiFi, open up a web browser on your device and input the default setup address on the search bar: "192.168.0.1" and click search.
The setup page will load on your device as below:
Input the System ID and Password in the blank and click login.
For first time login, we strongly recommend you to change the password for safety issues.
You may change the password after you successfully log into the RB controller via web browser.
System ID and Password for each system may not be the same, Please check the label on the RB controller for System ID and Password when you receive the system.
If you lost your System ID and Password, please contact us.
Upon successful login, RB control panel will load the setup page on your device:
The setup panel icon usages as following:
- Settings - Settings is used to set up the RB controller image synchronize, location storage and interval taking of the image. Always set the setting in Settings page before clicking on to the other icon for test or run time-lapse.
- Test Camera - Test Camera icon is used to test the connection for the RB controller with the camera. Click this icon to test and a successful connection will trigger the camera.
- Test Sync - Test Sync is used to test the setting user set for synchronizing location like FTP, SFTP, NAS storage drive, etc. Click this icon to test the synchronize setting. Upon successfully synchronize, the image on the RB will sync over to the storage drive.
- Start Timelapse - Start Timelapse is used to start the time-lapse filming. Click this icon will start the time-lapse filming and sync of the image to storage, only start the time-lapse after the setting is set up and tested.
- Stop Timelapse - Stop Timelapse is used to stop the time-lapse filming. In any case that the user wishes to change the setting, the time-lapse must be stopped before adjusting the setting.
- Configure Network - Configure Network is used to check network status and connection to other WiFi network for internet access. (All CubeBox time-lapse camera come with a Wifi USB dongle, to connect to another WiFi device this WiFi USB dongle must be plugged into any of the USB port on the RB controller)
- Change Password - Change Password is used to change the login password of the RB controller. (Do write down the new password after resetting it. If you lost or forget the new password, please contact us)
- Logout - Logout is used to logout from the setting page. This is important after you have tested and set all setting on the RB controller, the RB controller will restart after reconnected to the page, you need to logout from the RB setting page. Fail to do so may cause the RB controller to stop unnecessary.
Before moving to the settings page, it’s important to check the Network setting to confirm that the network that’s going to be used is connected.
RB Controller supports USB dongles WiFi, 3G/4G dongles, mobile hotspot, and LAN cable connections.
- Configure Network - To configure the RB controller to connect to a Wi-Fi network. When a USB WiFi dongle is plugged in, click Configure Network to see the list of available WiFi Access Points. The supported encryption types are WPA2 only. Open networks are supported but not recommended. Any point of time only one network can be connected to the RB controller. Do take note that the RB controller can only save one network SSID and Password. If a new network is connected, the previous saved network SSID and Password will be forgotten. You must re-enter the password to re-join a forgotten network.
Network Status - Shows the network status of the RB controller.
* Note that if a Wi-Fi dongle is plugged in, you must manually connect it to a wireless access point with an internet connection.
- Disconnected - No network module is connected.
- Not Connected - A network device is plugged in, but there is no network association. Either USB WiFi or LAN port.
- Connected - The network device successfully connected with the RB controller.
*Please take note for network connection on the RB controller. As the device is open to few types of network connection like USB port connection and LAN connection. RB controller can only work with one DHCP network at a time. In event that 2 DHCP network was connected to the RB controller. Example like mobile data connected by WiFi and LAN cable connected with an internet router, RB controller will have an IP conflict and will stop working.
On the Settings Page, there are 3 available configurations:
- Remote Server
- Save to USB
- Capture Interval
Remote Server - If the fields are left blank, no server connection will be made and photos will be saved on RB controller temp folder. Depends on your network or server configuration, you may choose between FTP, SFTP, and Shared Folder Connection Mode to save your images.
- FTP - In this mode, you must include at least a remote server address and a login ID & password. The connection is not encrypted.
- SFTP - In this mode, you must include a remote server and login ID & password. The connection will be encrypted.
- Shared Folder - If you have shared a folder on your network via a NAS storage, input the IP address on the remote server fields. For the login to the device, all depend on your setting on the device. (Not Applicable to Windows Shared Folder)
Remote Directory - This field follows the directory of the desired save location on the remote server. To locate the server or shared folder you wish to save the image, click the “browse” button on the right of the remote directory field. Once you have chosen your desired location, click “choose this folder” the save location path will be saved in the Remote Directory.
Save to USB - To save footage on the USB. Plugin a USB storage device into the USB port before starting the system. Set the location to save on the USB device that’s connected. if there’s no folder show, click on the USB device name and it will save to the default of the device.
Capture Interval - The default capture interval is 5 minutes. To change the interval capture timing, click on the field and type the interval needed for the filming. Very importantly, check your mobile data or LAN internet network speed for image synchronizing to the pre-set location first.
RB controller performs capture one image, sync one image format. In cases like capture interval overlap synchronizing, the image will be lost during sync. Please Test per image sync timing first by clicking the test sync on the main setting page to know the duration per sync take before setting the interval for the system. If you need to take interval close together we recommend you to sync to USB drive and not syncing to remote server.
*After user has input all the setting configuration, click “save and reboot”. RB will restart and the setting will be lock on the RB controller. After the reboot, log in to the RB controller control panel page, click Start Timelapse and the Timelapse capture will begin.
In power failure and RB controller shut down, once the power resume back. RB controller will start up by itself and resume capture image as per setting that’s lock on the controller.